Thursday 7 January 2010

Barbie's New Decade Makeover


Iconic paintings and images have always influenced a decade, so has the love of a well known friend. Now I always knew that Barbie was the epitome of every girls childhood the one consist role model to base our idea of beauty and style on, much more then Sindy ever was. I came across these images on a blog from Topshop sharing these fun comparisons by Jocelyne Grivard. The Andy Warhol’s famous image is often used to depict the beauty of Marilyn (so apt from my last post) that this fresh versions encompassing cultures greatest transformers with Barbie is her own right as a symbol of girly, flirty fun. It struck me to think that the generation that were brought up with Barbie now like myself appreciate art and fashion obviously including the work of Man Ray and especially the class and elegance of Chanel, and still our love for Barbie is everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment