Friday 1 January 2010

Inspiration in a New Decade




Inspiration is defined as the act or power of exercising an elevating or stimulating influence upon the intellect or emotions; the result of such influence which quickens or stimulates; as, the inspiration of occasion, of art, etc.

Being inspired to act it a certain way or even gain pleasure from looking, feeling or experiencing anything is something which I believe needs to be understood, I have found that exploring aspects in my life which I gain inspiration from helps me to appreciate the person I am and see the qualities I take delight from, within others who in turn inspire me with their own outlook on life.

I hope that you enjoy this blog and follow my inspiration and show me the directions you have pursued in your own search for happiness.

As a start I wish everyone a happy new year! In the last few years I have been following blogs and tried blogging about things that didn’t really interest me unsuccessfully but never thought that my activities for entertainment were something others would find interesting. But seeing as it is a new decade I wanted to try again.

The first image; a photo that I wanted to share as a starting point which really illustrates my own taste in art and photography and how I wanted to leave my first post of the new decade is this gorgeous, feminine photo captured by the amazing Bert Stein of the beautiful Marilyn Monroe saying "Here's to You"

No comments:

Post a Comment